Wednesday, June 4, 2014

E-Mail Copyright

I found this short YouTube video interesting.

 
Maria Cesa has shared a video with you on YouTube
 
 
 
 
Monetize Gaming Videos - How to Email Copyright Owners
 
Here is the email I use when emailing copyright owners to ask them for permission to publish and monetize videos using footage from their games.

Here's the link to the full list of publishers and developers that I've contacted. You can find the sample email all the way at the bottom of the page -http://www.alloyseven.com/art/item/115-monetize-gaming-videos

If you don't feel like going to the page. you can copy and paste the email from here -

Hi Folks.

My name is B. Chambers and I produce gaming video content for AlloySeven and other sites like VentureBeat, GameSkinny and RPGWatch.

I would like to know if [Insert Publisher Name] would allow me to produce transformative works (Reviews, Let's Plays, etc.) using video footage from games you own the copyrights to?

Further, does [Insert Publisher Name] allow editors to take advantage of YouTube's Partner Program that places ads on the videos we make?

I hope this message finds you doing well and thanks in advance for your response.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment